Seattle Afloat®– The Seattle Houseboats Market Is Floating Despite Reports On Low Lake Union Levels…
Here we are in the final days of August 2015 already and the Seattle houseboats market has been incredibly surprising and action packed so far this year! Multiple reports on the risk associated with historically low Lake Union levels and still we are Afloat in Seattle™! As of this AM, in the last 30 days there have been 5 SOLD Seattle floating homes that have closed in escrow through the NWMLS. These are not the “For Sale By Owner” Seattle houseboats and these are just the Seattle floating homes – not the other types of Seattle houseboats like floating on water residences, etc. Just floating homes. Cooper Jacobs Real Estate has Seattle Realtors that specialize in Seattle houseboats and Seattle waterfront homes. (Seattle houseboats experts we were involved in two of the last five sales below.)
- 2818 Boyer Ave E #2 in Portage Bay is a 1 bedroom, .75 bath 600 square foot Seattle floating home. It was built in 1930. It was listed for $395,000 and after 5 days on the market sold on 7/21/15 for $410,000 (103.80% of sales price to list price). $683.33/sq ft
- 2031 Fairview Ave E #N in Eastlake is a 885 square foot 1 bedroom and 1 bath home built in 1925. It was orignially listed for $510,000 and dropped its price to $499,000. After 90 days on market, it sold for $465,000 (93.19% sales price to list price). $525.42 square foot
- 2420 Westlake Ave #7 * in Westlake is a 1065 square foot 2 bedrom and 1.5 bath floating home that we listed. It was built in 1929, but completely redone and sold for $875,000 after 103 days on market (97.44 % sales price to list price) 821.60 a square foot *Cooper Jacobs Real Estate represented the Seller
- 1214 Hamlin Ave St #9 in Portage Bay – A 3 bedroom 2 bath 1500 square foot floating home built in 1971. It was listed and sold for $1,298,500 after 11 days on market. $865.67 square foot
- 2466 Westlake Ave N #19* in Westlake – we represented the buyer for this fabulous Seattle floating home. It is a 2 bedroom and 1.75 bath home built in 1940. It was listed and sold for $1,350,000 with 7 days on market. *Cooper Jacobs Real Estate represented the Buyer
There are five Seattle floating homes for sale in the MLS right now. These do not include Seattle houseboats for sale by owner. They range in price from $499,000 to $1,495,000 with an average days on market of 38 days. The median list price is $750,000. They are all in Eastlake! In addition there is one floating home that is pending in the MLS priced at $2,895,000 (Wards Cove).
Our favorite by far of course is a great floating home on The Log Foundation dock which happens to be one of the best run and most established coop on Lake Union. If you are looking for Seattle houseboat living, then this is a great choice! It is a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom 1300 square feet floating home built in 1930 with lots of updates.
It is south facing! To be south facing and in Eastlake is highly coveted. This one is all one level and well oriented with the water. It is listed for $697,000. Please let us know if you would like to see it. It won’t last long. Also, if you are looking for Seattle houseboats for rent, there are some available right now (A lot of people ask about Seattle houseboats for vacation rental, but the majority of these homes are rented long term).