Seattle Houseboats For Sale Right Now Have Great Range In Price Points – There really is something out there for everyone, but what makes them so different in price?
There are currently 13 Active Seattle Houseboats for sale right now in the MLS. Lots of good choices and most of them boast owned Lake Union moorage for their slips whether it be fee simple as in Roanoke Reef, condominium moorage or cooperative moorage. Only 2 of the 13 are on leased moorage – this means they do not own the slip their homes are in, but rather rent it from the owner.
Priced in Seattle floating homes range greatly right now from $325,000 for a charming Seattle houseboat in Westlake to more than ten times that price at $3,800,000 for a high end newer custom beauty on the Eastlake side.
Variables in Seattle houseboats can range from type of houseboat moorage (owned or leased) to size and style of construction or even bells and whistles as every floating home is different.
Here is a good list to consider when wondering how a Seattle houseboat is priced:
- Type of moorage for the houseboat slip itself (leased or owned)
- If owned, what type (condo, fee simple, co-op, or combo)
- The strength of the dock members itself (some docks are going to be better than others in terms of finances , maintenance, and cohesiveness of dock members overall.
- moorage for a boat – if so how big of a slip?
- age/maintenance/upkeep of floating home itself
- roof top?
- square footage?
- gas on dock?
- pet policy?
- nearby amenities
- is there a DNR lease?
- outdoor spaces and connectivity to water
- channel views between docks
- type of construction/type of float
There are of course other factors as each individual has different preferences. It is just difficult to give Seattle floating homes an overall dollar per square foot estimate as each one is so different. You can only compare them to recent sales to get numbers.
For instance, we recently sold a beautiful Portage Bay floating home at 1214 E Hamlin #3 for $645,000. It is a one bedroom with roughly 800 square feet. This makes the two bedroom 2321 Fairview #3 a complete bargain at it’s listed asking price of $595,000. You can also find amazing prices on the Westlake Floating homes near Fremont – with easy walk to tons of life in Fremont, Queen Anne, or Downtown, not to mention of course South Lake Union. Call if you want to check them out 206-850-8841