Seattle Houseboats Open Houses: I’m here at my Seattle houseboat open house on the glorious Westlake Cove. I open up both Float C and Float D and welcome people who stop by.
Seattle Houseboat Living: Many people ask me what living on a floating home is like. I tell them, with skepticism in their eyes, that it’s one of the coolest Seattle communities you can possibly find. No, I don’t live on one myself but I do appreciate them. If I had to clock in, I’d say I’m close to full time on a floating home between showings, open houses, and writing about them.
To me, Seattle floating homes signify tidiness. Square footage and space are a privilege (which I also like). So to live on a floating home you either:
- Like water, views, boating, kayaking (the obvious)
- Like to live simply
- Like the solitude when you want it or the friendly neighbors when you need it. Happy hour on Float F anyone?
- Like to bike. Many bike commuters since Lake Union is in the heart of north-south, east-west.
- Like creative gardening
- Like to boat to your dinner reservations
- And finally like individuality
Insuring Seattle floating homes aren’t tough. There are three reputable companies in Seattle who welcomes floating home insurers.
There are things to know about financing Seattle floating homes. Again, using a local resource (we have our favorites for Seattle houseboats) is essential so feel free to contact us to share some of the resources with you. homes@SeattleAfloat.com
We look forward to talking to you! – Molly 206-841-6800